Shipping: Eligible for Free Shipping Program
California - In Stock
Pennsylvania - In Stock
The History of MoreBeer! & March
Many years ago MoreBeer! worked with March Pumps to release what is now the standard pump in the homebrewing community, their model 809 (our H315) with a polysulfone head and 6' cord with plug. Thousands and thousands of these pumps have been sold to homebrewers.
The New Design
Now, with a slight design modification, the new model eliminates almost all of these issues. We've been testing/using the pump with our BrewSculptures for several years now and are extremely happy with the results, so much so that we are completely replacing the H315 with the high flow model.
Still Works the Same
The new model comes with all the great features of the original - magnetic drive, handles flow restriction, okay for boiling temperatures, 6' cord with plug, food-grade materials in contact with the liquid, 1/2" ports, etc. - but now features a different slightly higher flow rate with less issues of cavitation.
The magnetic drive in a March pump acts as a clutch allowing the user to put back pressure on the pump to slow down flow. Since it is magnetic drive, it is not self-priming, you must put the pump below the level of the liquid source. This pump cannot be run dry.
Addtional Notes To restrict flow place a ball valve on the out flow of this pump.
This is the pump we install and use on all of our BrewSculpture brewing systems
We stock polysulfone replacement heads, H317, in case the threads are damaged. If you are looking for a pump for a larger home brewery or small nano brewery you can also look at our H325 Nano Brewery pump from March.
- Included bracket for mounting
- 6' power cord with plug wired in for easy use
- Maximum flow of just over 7 gpm (at zero head)
- Maximum head of 18 feet (at zero flow)
- 1/2" mpt fittings on both inlet and outlet.
- Materials in contact with solution: Polysulfone, 316 stainless steel, silicone rubber, Ryton and Teflon
- 1/25 hp, continuous-duty, thermal overload protected, single phase 1.4 Amp motor
- Motor is fan cooled
- Will handle internal pressures to 50 psi.
- Max temp rating: 250F
- Face unscrews and rotates at 90 degree intervals to adjust to your application.
Note: When using silicone tubing, we recommending using a slighlty larger barb than the I.D. of the tubing. This is because silicone tubing tends to have greater pliability than most tubing. For example, when using 1/2" silicone tubing, we recommend our 5/8" barb (H620), to help ensure a better seal!