Take Your Brewing to the Next Level
Imagine spending a week at the Siebel Institute immersed in brewing and learning from some of the biggest names in homebrewing. White Labs Owner Chris White, brewing authors Randy Mosher and Ray Daniels, and MoreBeer!'s very own brewing geek Chris Graham will spend the week teaching you about advanced techniques including a hands-on brew session with a MoreBeer! BrewSculpture. And yes, there will be plenty of time to enjoy some amazing pints with your instructors and fellow classmates.
Class Date: July 21 – July 25, 2014 in Chicago
Entering is Easy
For each product review you fill out between 5/1/2014 - 5/31/2014 you will be automatically entered to win a seat at the Advanced Homebrewing Course.
To review a product, follow these steps:
- Log-in to your account
- While in your account page, click on the "My Product Info" tab on the left hand side of your screen
- This page will load all of the products you've ever purchased from us. From here, you'll be able to review any (or all) of these products by clicking the "Post Product Review" link in that particular product
- Please read the product review policy prior to posting a review
- Please read our Rules and Regulations page prior to entering
- Prize does not include food, transportation, or lodging
About The Siebel Advanced Homebrewing Course
The first-ever advanced one-week program designed specifically for homebrewers, the Advanced Homebrewing Program takes hobby brewers beyond beer kits and extract brewing into the realm of advanced brewing techniques. Siebel Institute created the content of the Advanced Homebrewing Program by adapting our professional educational content for application in the small-scale environment of homebrewing. Course materials concentrate on giving brewers the control they need to create the results they are looking for, no matter how complex the beer style or recipe. To read more about this course, click here.
The course content for this program addresses every key area of small-scale brewing:
- Brewing Process
- Brewing Water
- Composition of Grain & Malting
- Specialty Malts & Adjuncts/Cereals
- Hops & Other Herbs
- Brewing Calculations & Recipe Formulation
- Milling & Adjunct Preparation
- Enzymes in Brewing
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Mashing, Sparging & Lautering
- Wort Boiling & Clarification
- Wort Cooling and Aeration
- Nature of Yeast & Yeast selection
- Yeast Handling & Fermentation Practices
- Maturation & Aging
- Clarification & Filtration
- Carbonation / Air Exclusion
- In-package Conditioning
- Basic Home Draught Systems
- Sensory Evaluation
Chris Graham is the COO and Partner of MoreBeer!, one of the largest retailers of equipment & supplies for home and craft brewers. Chris & MoreBeer! provide the equipment used in the Advanced Homebrewing Course, including the amazing "BrewSculpture" brewing system that brings the consistency & control of a professional brew system to the hobby brewer.
Ray Daniels is the author of Designing Great Beers: The Ultimate Guide To Brewing Classic Beer Styles, and co-author of Brown Ales and Smoked Beers. His books and lectures on beer design have helped countless brewers formulate award-winning beers based on classic styles, modern techniques, and their own vision of the perfect beer.
Randy Mosher is the author of "The Brewers Companion", "Radical Brewing" and "Tasting Beer". Randy has contributed articles regarding brewing and beer styles to some of the world's leading brewing publications. He has lectured on brewing & beer styles across the country and has been involved in an ongoing effort to revive extinct historical beers.
Dr. Chris White holds an M.S. and a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of California, San Diego, as well as a B.S. in Biochemistry from The University of California, Davis. Chris is president of White Labs, Inc. Pure Yeast & Fermentation, a company that has been the standard of excellence for service to the homebrewing and professional brewing communities since 1995.