Logo
 

Roasted Malts

Roasted Malts are used to give roasted coffee, bittersweet chocolate notes and a dark color to our beers. Used mostly in Stouts and Porters, small amounts can be used in some specialty beers as well.

A Little Goes A Long Way!:
Roasted Malts are quite powerful and actually make up a very small percentage of the overall malt in our home brewing recipes. As an example, most Stouts get the majority of their color and roasted flavors from only about 10% Roasted Malts. The remaining 90% of the recipe is made up of light-colored grains. A little truly goes a long way.